Bike and body in perfect harmony. Whether you’re a racer on a roadie, commuter on a foldie, or mountain biker on an MTB-ie, we have the knowledge, tools and experience to get you and your bike working as one.
Shopping for a new bike? Remove uncertainty with a pre-purchase fit to select your ideal bike.
Even if you’re generally happy with your bike set-up, and just want to swap out a saddle or pedals, or consult a fitter regarding a specific issue, we’ll be glad to help.
StandardDuration: 90—120 minutes
Adjust your cleats and overall riding position in accordance with your posture, ROM and flexibility.
AdvancedDuration: 180 minutes
Optimise your position on the bike with static, dynamic fit and pedaling analysis.
On average, 85% of cyclists experience some form of knee, back, neck/shoulder, numbness/tingling, and/or saddle pain when riding. Despite this fact, most assume it’s just part of cycling and suffer through it, hoping their symptoms will just go away. Cycling can and should be pain-free. We’ve been helping cyclists of all disciplines ride with more comfort, power and pleasure since 2013. It begins with a professional bike fitting.
Evolution, Not Revolution
Test, Don’t Guess
All Bodies, Any Bike
Truth be told, the bicycle is a simple machine, and anyone with a ruler and goniometer can do “bike fitting”. Very often, “bike fittings” in bicycle shops are performed by poorly trained, inexperienced individuals driven by commission and up-selling of equipment . The body is a complicated system and each of us is unique, so a good bike fitting actually requires a comprehensive understanding of your body as much as knowing how to adjust a saddle. As a training practice, we keep up-to-date on both body and bike, combining fundamental knowledge of biomechanics, physiology, and exercise with bicycle mechanics for the best possible outcome.
Adapt Bodies, Adjust Bikes
Fitters Fit, Not Systems
- A BSA bike fit session begins with discussion of your goal and what you hope to achieve in the session — increased comfort, injury prevention or performance gains. We spend time getting this clear so that everything else is done with it in mind.
- Time permitting/if needed, musculoskeletal evaluation as it pertains to cycling to help identify impairments that may be limiting your cycling ability.
- On-bike movement evaluation, where we will assess the ergonomics of your current fit and how it relates to your body and pain that you may be experiencing associated with cycling; and your postural and pedalling techniques in the sagittal, frontal and transverse planes of movement.
- Initial findings are then discussed with you before the session evolves into what it needs to be to achieve the goal.
- Adjustments will likely be made to your: cleats, saddle, handlebars, stem, and possibly suspension (mountain bike only) to ensure that you are optimally positioned to meet your goals, reduce discomfort, and reduce the risk if an overuse injury.
- A pathway to evolve your riding position towards the goal will be suggested. This may involve adaptation, a plan of treatment and/or rehabilitation with a specialist. Bike fitting is a process, not an instant fix.
- While the session is not strenuous, expect a workout.